PLAN FOR SUCCESS
If you don't have a destination, you'll
never get there ...
Everyone gets lucky on occasion. However, consistently achieving
success requires careful planning. The old adage that "Luck
is the residue of design" is very true in sales. High
performance companies establish aggressive goals and then develop
plans to achieve those goals. They plan for success, but by anticipating
roadblocks, competitive threats and delays, they are prepared to
deal with any contingency. This healthy obsession
with planning ensures that they will reach their goals.
Effective planning is necessary at each of these levels:
Corporate strategic planning
Key account /Territory strategic
- What are our corporate goals and priorities for the next
- What's our strategy to achieve those goals?
- What are our core competencies?
- What are our target markets?
- What programs do we have to generate revenue and find new
- What are we doing to ensure that we have skilled, motivated
and loyal employees?
- What are our customer's needs for the next 12-18 months?
- What solutions can we propose?
- Where do we have relationships and where do we need to build
- What are the obstacles to our success?
- What actions must we take to be successful?
- What will our competition do and how should we prepare for
Sales call planning
- Where are we in the sales process?
- Who are we meeting with?
- What are our goals for this meeting?
- What are their needs, concerns, history with our company,
- What are we proposing?
- What are the objections we're likely to hear and how will
- What are the suggested next steps?
Taking the time to develop, implement and revise plans is critical
for a company's sales success. Crossland Partners has extensive experience
building strategies and plans at all levels. We
can guide and facilitate your planning process to ensure that you
have considered all the factors that can impact your success.